Sunday, June 5, 2011

Sunday, 06/05/11

WARNING: This post is not solely about my weight loss and health journey. This post contains personal information about a personal experience that has affected my journey. There may be information in this post that would be consider "TMI" but it has helped me to heal and move forward with my journey to better health. If you choose to continue to read this post, I would prefer not to hear anything but support (which is what I would prefer all the time). Thank you! (P.S. I'm not looking for sympathy in sharing this experience.) The posts about this experience start on 05/14/11 and end on 06/06/11.

*****

So I had my follow-up appointments on Thursday and Friday. Thursday I went to the hospital's outpatient testing facility to have the follow-up ultrasound done. I had to go to the hospital because my OB's office's ultrasound tech was now on vacation. So I went, had the ultrasound, answered questions, and went home. I then went to the OB's on Friday to get the test results - basically it was to find out if I needed a D&C. I will admit that I got pissy with them because after waiting in the lobby for a half an hour, with my 21 month old son, I got called back just for "You have a balance of $3 from your labwork. Are you ready to pay that?" Um, no. I could care less that I owe you three dollars and I'm not paying you until I see the breakdown from my insurance company. And when I tell the lady this she tells me "You should have already gotten that from your insurance company." Um, no I didn't, or else I wouldn't have said that. Stupid woman. She then tells me to go back out into the lobby and the nurse will get me to take my vitals. I got even more annoyed with her. I don't care about my vitals if I'm just getting test results. And the dumb woman was wrong anyways. I get pulled by the intake nurse to be asked one dumb question and then sent to have my blood pressure checked. All the while, my son is getting annoyed that I'm dragging him from room to room. I'm annoyed by this fact too. I like this OB, but I hate how they flow their patients around. So I had my BP checked and was sent back to the waiting room. Then comes the OB's nurse and off to an exam room. Told to undress for a check. Um, no. Not until it's explained to me why they are doing a check without telling me the results first. So good news is that on the ultrasound it showed everything was all clear. Yay! So the OB wanted to do a check to make sure everything looked normal since I still had some bleeding. Ok, I can handle that. Everything looked good. Then I'm sent to the lab to have blood drawn. So from the time I got to the OB's office, I bounced around from place to place. This is a stupid system and very aggravating if you're already not in a good mood. Luckily I shouldn't have to go back again and if I do, it's just for a blood draw and nothing else. Yay! Finally moving on from this crap.

No comments: