Saturday, November 12, 2011

Same old, same old 11/12/11

Weight's still hanging around the same range (192-194).

Most days I'm still eating fairly well, but I definitely have my "off" days. And yesterday was one of them. Yesterday afternoon and evening I felt like a bottomless pit.

I'm still trying hard to increase my water intake, but some days I fail miserably. Today I'm up to 60 ounces already though. Some days I do well, other days, I end the day and realize I've only had about 20 ounces of fluids. I'm still focusing on this goal of drinking at least 80-100 ounces of water each day.

Despite my best intentions, I'm not exercising, for multiple reasons. One being, I just don't feel like it. The second being, I hurt like crazy most days. I've been having really bad pain with my hips, lower back and tailbone area. Some days I hurt so bad I can barely pick up my son, or even walk hardly. Other days are managable. I hurt every. single. day. Lately, I hurt all day long every day. I try not to take pain meds until I absolutely have to, because I already have take them every night when I go to bed, in hopes that it will tame the pain enough that I can sleep. I try not to take them during the day unless it gets to the point where I hurt so bad that I can't even think and I'm to the point of tears. It's that bad. I'm relunctant to go back to the doctor about it for several reasons. One, it costs money that we just don't have right now. Two, if the try to give me any stronger pain meds, I can't take them. They make me violently sick. And I haven't had any luck in finding a doctor that has offered me hope that hasn't been shattered.

So to put it simply, I haven't given up, but I am slightly detoured for the moment. Just a bump in the road.

1 comment:

Pam said...

Yikes. Have you ever gotten a Cortisone shot? When I first started having pain from my slipped discs, I was miserable like you and those helped. I also went to a chiropractor, not for adjustments, but for therapy. I had massages and some electro tinge therapy. It really helped. Granted from time to time I still get down with my back, but it's nothing like it used to be.