As of this morning, my weight's at 194.6 lbs.
I've decided, once again, that baby steps is the way for me to make lasting changes. I've been working on eating breakfast, and a healthy one at that, every day. I've been quite successful. The past month I've had breakfast every day, and a healthy one too. Most days it's a bowl of oatmeal. My son and I will each have a bowl of oatmeal after taking my daughter to school. We look forward to our breakfast after coming back home. It's routine, and we like it. And yesterday, I had an appointment to get to that was an hour after I woke up, but I still made time to eat breakfast - something I wouldn't have done before. Baby steps. One small change at a time. It works.
The next goal that I'm trying to work on now is my water/fluid intake. I'm still nowhere near taking in the water that I need to, on a daily basis. I can't help it - I don't want to live in the bathroom! Lol. I'm struggling on this step, despite having been working hard on improving my intake for the past two weeks. I'm still working on this goal, and will keep working on it until I get much better at reaching my goal.
On another note, my son is now two years old, and has FINALLY started sleeping through the night. On the downside, he no longer naps, and doesn't go to bed until around 10pm every night. Apparently my son doesn't need a lot of sleep. It's crazy. It's frustrating. It's his natural sleep cycle though, and I'm a firm believer that following a person's natural sleep cycle helps them to function better. So both my husband and I are very happy that he's sleeping through the night finally, but we find ourselves tired and hoping our son will go to bed and to sleep so that we can get some sleep ourselves. Sleep is crucial to dealing with daily stresses that can cause you to do things like - not exercise, make poor eating choices, reach for a can of soda even though you know you shouldn't have one, grabbing a brownie because you're having a bad day, etc.
I've been meaning to put this down for a while, but I've come to the conclusion that fat people suffer from "food amnesia". Really, we do. I know that there are many times where if I didn't write it down, I honestly couldn't tell you what I ate, much less if I ate at all. It's crazy how many times I can't remember if I had lunch or not. This is why food journaling is so crucial to being successful, at least for me.

No comments:
Post a Comment