Friday, April 1, 2011

Friday, 04/01/11, Part 2

So today has been a very blah day. I'm tired and exhausted and starting to wonder if the prednisone is helping to bog me down. I have 12 more days of it, so I'm hoping the fatigue is just from lack of sleep and not from the medication. I'll find out soon enough, I guess.

So due to being exhausted and feeling like I can hardly keep my eyes open, combined with another headache (I've had one every day for a week now) and the last minute schedule change that made it to where I couldn't get to the gym tonight, I didn't hardly do anything. I tried. I really did. I got on the exercise bike and did about 10 minutes. Yup, only 10 minutes. And that 10 minutes probably took me about 30 minutes to accomplish. My son really didn't want to let me exercise, and I was/am too tired and achy to fight him. So 10 minutes is what I fit in today. I tried, and will try again tomorrow. Good news is that my husband is going to let me sleep in until around 10am and he'll get up with the little one when he wakes up (probably around 7 or 8am).

Next week, during the day, my husband and the friend that is staying with us will both be out of the house for most of the day. My goal is to try to get in some exercise while they're gone (think DVD). Crossing my fingers that I can do this!

2 comments:

Pam said...

Poor little Nathan. He sures loves his Mommy. I hope you were able to get some rest. How are you doing with the prednisone?

Rachel said...

Oh Nathan does love all of us. Heaven forbid we want to do something without the boy. He's a good kid though, just loves to be a part of everything. I'm still tired and semi-exhausted most days because he's still waking up most nights and I'm not getting to bed and asleep before midnight.

The prednisone? Well, not sure how to explain my results with that. I've noticed some changes since taking it, both good and bad. My lower back (aka butt) hurts a lot less than it did. I can now sit without being in horrific pain all the time. But I still have the same pain. It's just less, and not a constant and like I said, I can sit. But the prednisone has caused me to have a LOT of pain and achiness in my hip joints. My hips hurt so bad that tylenol and ibuprofen don't even touch the pain/ache most days/nights. I only have 5 more days of the prednisone left so I'm going to ride it out and see what happens with my hips and "butt" area once I'm off of it.