Monday, April 4, 2011

Monday, 04/04/11

Updated my weekly weight/measurement page. I'm officially 194.0 today and have lost 16 inches. I'm pleased to say the least!

I'm wondering if my weight finally moving is due to me taking in more calories the past several day. My calorie intake was between 1900-2200. Yup, that high. The thought also crossed my mind that it might also be the green tea that I started drinking three days ago (the next day the weight finally budged again). I'm thinking the green tea is probably just a coincidence, but hey, it doesn't hurt! Lol.

I'm eating pretty well and making really good choices that I am happy with. The only "junk" I've really had is a Nutrisystem dessert or another "meal replacement" or "diet" junk food item at the end of the day. Last night it was a heavenly Skinny Cow Cookies & Cream Ice Cream Sandwich for only 160 calories.

I've been taking in lots more fruits and veggies lately, but I really think the key is the veggies. Fruit "costs" more calories than veggies, but then again veggies require dip (at least for me). Fruits have the added filling quality of the added water content, but veggies are solid with less calories. Hmm...

So I went grocery shopping yesterday and stocked up in the produce department. Lots of apples, grapes, cucumbers, cauliflower and TINY baby carrots to snack on. Yup, tiny baby carrots. That's the key for me. I'm okay with carrots if they're smaller. Apparently my store sells two types (same brand) of baby carrots side by side wtih the larger (and slightly more cost effective) bag having the larger baby carrots, and the smaller bag having the smaller/skinnier carrots. Ah ha! I realized this yesterday and bought two bags of the smaller carrots, and now I'm okay with carrots. I eat my veggies with the low-fat dip made from 16 ounces of reduced-fat sour cream and 1 packet of dry ranch dressing. The key is to make it at least a day ahead to let it "marinate". Yum! And only approximately 50 calories for 1/4 cup.

I did get some light activity in yesterday, but didn't get in 30 minutes. Something's better than nothing though. I'm still planning on working on this more this week. It would help if I could find my case with all of my exercise dvds in it. Somehow it's been misplaced and I'm not too happy about it. Hopefully I'll get an exercise dvd from Netflix tomorrow. Crossing my fingers!

2 comments:

Pam said...

I gotta tell you, some of the ladies at the WW meeting were saying that when they use all their daily points, they lose more then when they don't use them all. Maybe our body stores fat when we don't eat enough?

And isn't it funny how we're both working on weight loss, but are going about it differently? WW says that fruit is free. We also don't count calories, as much as carbs. But hey, it's working for me. I'm like you with the veggies. I need a dip... I think I'll try the ranch dip.

I'm glad you're doing so good!!

Rachel said...

I do know that for me, I absolutely can not eat less than 1700 calories per day or my body goes into "starvation mode" which is exactly what you said: stores fat for reserves when you don't eat enough. I'm having a hard time finding my top range for calorie intake, but I do know that I can't go below 1700 without hurting myself in the long run.

I like the concept of Weight Watchers, but I hate the whole having to convert everything to points. You need the nutritional information anyways, and then you need to convert it to points. Just another step in the process. I do read a lot of their articles though to see what is said.

And the whole "fruit and veggies are free" thing. It's funny because most of the time I didn't ever count calories from fruits or veggies. I would count everything else but just log what I ate in regards to fruits and veggies without counting their calories. It definitely worked for me in the past. This time around though I'm counting the calories from them since I've upped my daily calorie intake allowance.