Thursday, April 7, 2011

Thursday, 04/07/11

Weight isn't budging right now but I'm okay with that. Today I weighed in at 194.0.

So it's been a crazy busy week for my household with lots going on. My husband's off of work from both jobs to get some much needed home repairs/improvements done while our friend is in town to help. Him being off of work has made my day to day schedule a bit different. My son and my niece are not getting along the greatest on a day to day basis. My son is starting to throw tantrums and scream and my niece, well, she's a whole 'nother story. She's a unique one, that girl. And this week she was a particularly moody child that was apparently not wanting to deal with my son. So between the two of them, I've had my hands full during the day.

I went to the gym Tuesday night for our session with the trainer, only that's not what I got. Long story short, my sister couldn't make it to the gym at the last minute, and I was a few minutes late due to a bad accident. After informing our trainer that my sister wasn't going to be able to make it, he just couldn't wrap his head around training only one of us because "it just doesn't feel right" and bailed on me. Yup, my trainer bailed. Told me he'd make it up to me, but it still pisses me off. This is a session that we paid for and I was there, and he bailed. Yet he ended on a note of "from now on I'm just going to train who ever's here". Then why the hell didn't he train me on Tuesday? I was mad and still am.

My sister was supposed to go to the gym tonight by herself to train because my daughter had a school function. I highly doubt that she went. And our trainer didn't expect her to show tonight when I talked to him on Tuesday.

So this week's been a different kind of week with exercising and eating. Tuesday night I went to the gym to do some strength training with the trainer, but instead I just ended up walking the indoor track for about 45 minutes. I was there to workout, and by golly, I did. I would have hopped on the elliptical, but my hips have been bothering me pretty bad and I knew I couldn't take that exercise that night. Wednesday I took took my kids for a 1.33 mile walk around our neighborhood. I tried to pop in a 10 minute dvd later on but had issues with the dvd player and gave up. Today I took my son and niece for a walk and did 3.25 miles looping in and around the neighborhood. I had planned to do an indoor walking dvd after getting home, but I ended up with a semi-permanent cramp in my right foot that just wouldn't go away. I'm going to shoot to take a walk on most days if the weather's decent.

Eating. Hmm. I've been eating fairly high calorie days the past few days. Most days ending with 2000-2300 calories. Not leaving me too much of a burn deficit to lose any weight, which is why I'm okay that the scale isn't budging. I've been really hungry and I refuse to starve myself. I've been making healthy choices and don't feel bad about my high calorie days. I've been eating TONS of fresh veggies and fruits as snacks and lots of protein too. In fact the protein has been a craving the past few days. I've had so many grilled chicken sandwiches the past several days, you'd think that I wouldn't want to see another piece of chicken any time soon.

So that's where I stand right now. I haven't lost any more weight. I'm eating high calorie days from feeling like I'm starving. And I'm finally starting to get myself moving during the day and outside of the gym. Progress in some form or another.

I've also gone in and delayed my next Nutrisystem order. I'm low on breakfast foods and desserts, but I have a ton of lunches and dinners left over. And on top of this, I also have a whole bunch of frozen meals in the freezer (Lean Cuisines, Healthy Choice, etc.). I'm just going to supplement breakfast cereals/bars into the breakfast category and same for desserts (if I feel I need them). I see no point in having more Nutrisystem foods sent right now especially since I don't eat them every day and I don't ever eat them for dinner.

Oh, and apparently since the last time I sent back a Netflix movie (it's been WAY too long) they've slowed down on their return and shipping out speed. I should finally be getting my first exercise dvd from Netflix tomorrow afternoon. Crossing my fingers!

3 comments:

Pam said...

Why would the trainer do that? I would have been aggravated too. I'm surprised that you let him get away with it. I would have raised hell.

Rachel said...

I'm trying this new concept of when I'm pissed off at someone, to wait until I'm not so pissed to talk to them. I can get very heated when I'm irritated, so I'm trying to take a step back and not go off full force on someone when I'm mad with them.

Pam said...

I think I need to follow in your footsteps!