Sunday, September 18, 2011

Failing at losing, 09/18/11

Failing at losing, that pretty much sums it up for my progress. Since my miscarraige earlier this year, my hormones have been way out of whack and I've been moody, extremely irritable and depressed. I'm so tired of feeling so blah and unmotivated. I'm tired of being aggravated with my weight, but not caring enough to really do anything to change it. I was doing really well until I found out that I was pregnant and then subsequently miscarried. I wish I could get that motivation back. I wish that so many crappy things didn't happen this year to stress me out. Wishing won't change anything though. Wishing is useless because that's all it is.

Definition of "wish" courtesy of Google:

1.A desire or hope for something to happen
- the union has reiterated its wish for an agreement
- it is their wish to continue organizing similar exhibitions

2.An expression of such a desire, typically in the form of a request or instruction
- she must carry out her late father's wishes

3.An invocation or recitation of a hope or desire
- he makes a wish

4.An expression of a desire for someone's success or good fortune
- they had received kindness and good wishes from total strangers

5.A thing or event that is or has been desired; an object of desire
- the petitioners eventually got their wish

So wishing is useless. Planning and acting on that plan is what will actually change things. So I plan to sit down tomorrow and come up with a long term plan on how I want to change my eating and fitness habits and what my short and long term goals are.

1 comment:

Sarah Rae said...

I feel the same way. I was on such a roll earlier this year. Dropped 10lbs in a month. This time around, It's been a month and a half and I'm barely down 3. It's hard to find that motivation, especially when life gets stressful. And without motivation, it's so easy to just ignore that nagging voice saying "you shouldn't eat that". Nothing but sympathy over here. But we can do it. We've done it before. Perhaps between the two of us, we'll find the secret, eh?