Grr...You'd think I'd learn and stop falling back into old nasty habits no matter what. You'd think that, wouldn't you? Apparently my brain doesn't think that way. So here I am, essentially starting over from day 1 again. So here goes...
Today my weight was 195.6 - :(
My long term goals are: 1) Get to a healthy weight for my height and build and maintain it. 2) Incorporate daily physical activities/fitness into not only my routine, but my family's as well. 3) Stop feeling like a space cadet in a fog that forgets simple things and gets "zoned in" to the wrong things (oh, say, the computer for one).
My monthly goals for September are: 1) Get down to below 190 pounds. 2) Log 25 miles of walking/jogging and 50-100 miles on the exercise bike.
My weekly goals are: to drink my water (64 ounces/day), and to do purposeful movement at least 10 minutes each day.
So for me, I count my week as starting on Monday normally. I just don't like separating Saturday and Sunday - I feel like they belong grouped together. So that's how I keep my weekly calendars setup - starting on Monday. So normally my weeks will start on Monday, but since this week Monday was a holiday and school for my daughter started back up today, today is the first counted day of my week this time only.
Wish me luck! Wish me success! Wish me healthy and fit!

4 comments:
That sounds like a GREAT plan. I've been tempted to pick a "miles" goal for my exercise bike. And the water is one goal I keep working at. You think it'd be easier than it is! Good luck.
I've found that I do better when I do a goal in miles versus minutes. And then once I'm in the workout, I will add minutes to the miles to round it out. For example, if I set a goal to walk a mile per day, and it takes me 15-20 minutes to do that, then I'll convince myself that I need to continue until I get to 30 minutes. And then sometimes I'll see where my miles are at when I reach that goal and add more to round it out. Lol. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
Apparently our brains are wired the same way? Ugh... I don't even want to think about what I need to do.
Just start small, baby steps!
Post a Comment