WARNING: This post is not solely about my weight loss and health journey. This post contains personal information about a personal experience that has affected my journey. There may be information in this post that would be consider "TMI" but it has helped me to heal and move forward with my journey to better health. If you choose to continue to read this post, I would prefer not to hear anything but support (which is what I would prefer all the time). Thank you! (P.S. I'm not looking for sympathy in sharing this experience.) The posts about this experience start on 05/14/11 and end on 06/06/11.
*****
192.8 was my weight this morning. It's a good number. It means that I didn't gain any weight while eating poorly for the past month. This is good.
So today has been a family day. The hubs cooked breakfast for the family: pancakes, bacon and eggs. Yum! I had my two pancakes with sugar-free syrup (like I always do) and two pieces of bacon and some scrambled eggs (about the amount of 2 eggs) with a glass of milk. Overall, not a bad breakfast. Skipped lunch since breakfast was around 11:30am. Dinner's about to be a chicken fried rice meal kit. Yup, one of those bad for you meals in a box. Oh well. It's lower calorie and it's a hit with three out of four in the household. I did snack on some Pringles and two fruit strips (45 calories each). So I'm not eating horribly, but it could be improved on. Oh, I should say I didn't do bad until we hit up Dairy Queen. Lol. Dairy Queen is a rare treat for us so I don't mind splurging.
We continued the family time by taking the kids to the beach. The temperature was about 80 degrees with a forecast of scattered thunderstorms although there wasn't a storm/rain cloud in sight until around 3pm. So off we went to the beach. It was nice. We walked along and the kids played in the water (just their legs because the water's still freezing) and the sand. It was a nice relaxing day. We had planned to follow this with an ice cream cone from McDonald's but their machine wasn't working so we headed to Dairy Queen. I wasn't able to order what I had asked for (they apparently were out of several items) and ended up with an Oreo brownie sundae. Yummy but oh so bad for you. I also order a mocha something or other. Lol. I had a couple sips of that and it's currently in the freezer to be enjoyed at a later time.
No exercise for today, but that's okay because I didn't plan on getting any in today. Like I said earlier, we did some walking around on the beach. Casual, but movement none-the-less.
I'm doing okay emotionally. It still sucks and I still have to tell my mom and my sister the news. They're the only people who knew other than the hubs' coworkers (he told them because he needed time off for me to go to the doctor). I've talked to my mom twice since I went to the doctor and she hasn't brought it up and neither have I. She knew I had the appointment on Friday morning, so I'm assuming that she isn't asking because she suspects it was bad news and I'll tell her when I'm ready. I haven't talked to my sister either and she also knew about the appointment. I'm assuming the same thing with her. I'm really hoping that neither one of them asks me about it right now because I just don't feel like talking about it. I feel fine. I don't feel depressed. I just don't want to talk about it. I've had my crying and getting upset and I've moved on. Dwelling on it won't change anything. Sometimes you just have to have faith that there's a bigger picture in play that we just can't see the next part of it and have faith that it will be what it's supposed to be.
My goals for this week are: Drink 64 ounces of water each day. Limit myself to one soda per day (I've been splurging lately due to what I would assume is hormones). Try to fit in 30 minutes of activity per day. Any sort of activity will do. Starting back small and going from there.

No comments:
Post a Comment