Thursday's weight: 205.8, Friday's weight is 205.6 lbs and today's weight is 205.4. I'm not losing, but at the same time I'm also not gaining. I've slacked off a bit on a few things and it's time to fess up and also explain why. I think it helps to be completely honest with yourself about why you do or do not do certain things. So here comes more brutal honesty about what I'm doing (or not) and why.
I'm eating really well throughout the day overall until it comes to dinner. Then I get a big FAIL because I'm allowing quick fixes and junk to come to the dinner table. I had Taco Bell three nights ago. Then the next night my husband asked what would be for dinner, and since I didn't have a clue and it was around 3 in afternoon, he suggested cooking breakfast for dinner (bacon, eggs, & pancakes). I jumped on it. It solved my dilema of what to cook for dinner and it also meant that I wouldn't have to fix it (hubby is the one who cooks that meal typically). I had two large pancakes with sugar-free syrup, two pieces of bacon and approximately 2 eggs, scrambled with milk. And THEN I had the almost half a piece of pancake that was leftover from my son that was just sitting pitifully on the serving plate in front of me. And then when putting away the food, I ate ANOTHER piece of bacon. All the while telling myself that I was being dumb by eating those when I had already had more than plenty of food for dinner.
Thursday night for dinner we cooked a rotisserie chicken in our toaster oven/rotisserie. This is one of our new favorite homecooked meals. I season the outside of the chicken with a little bit of olive oil and some garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning and some paprika. I don't eat the skin, but hubs hasn't complained about it yet. Although after cooking the first chicken like this, while cleanin up he goes "Next time I want to inject some butter or something in the chicken". Yeah. Not happy about that suggestion and I let him know it. How can I eat a fairly healthy chicken dinner if the hubs wants to add more fat/calories to it that's really unnecessary? So no injecting anything into my chickens! At least for now he's dropped it. Yay!
I would have eaten well Thursday but there was a slight hang-up when it came to lunch. I was over someone's house who insisted on providing lunch. Lunch was a huge greasy pizza with garlic breadsticks, marinara sauce and nasty looking salad. The host wouldn't take no for an answer and is quoted as saying the grease "is the best part". Yuck! I had one "small" slice that was in reality the size of at least 2-3 slices, with a small amount of ranch dressing. One garlic breadstick with a small amount of marinara sauce, and pepsi. Yes, bad bad me. Horrible unhealthy lunch that I felt guilty for eating.
Dinner was the home-cooked rotisserie chicken, with a side of maple baked beans (1/2 cup), and a salad: baby spinach, tomato, 1 oz. of feta cheese with salad vinegar. I ate a little too much chicken, and I probably could have skipped the baked beans. But I'm taking baby steps sometimes.
I finished the day with a yogurt that I had frozen. Yum.
Friday I did better. I had a meal replacement shake for breakfast. A snack of oranges mid-morning. Lunch was my usual tuna with a little bit of light Miracle Whip and relish on a whole wheat tortilla. Dinner could have been tragic. I made chicken enchiladas. I could normally eat at least 2-1/2 of them before. I was hungry too. I had forgotten to eat an afternoon snack. So I made a salad, and ate that first. But I dished out my plate before I sat down to eat. I dished out a LOT of enchiladas. Overal it probably amounted to 3 enchiladas (since I made half of the dish as an enchilada casserole). I feed my son off of my plate last night which is part of why I dished out so much. I ate my salad first and then started on my enchiladas. I only ate one enchilada (with a small amount of reduced-fat sour cream), and a bite of the rest. I was so happy that I didn't eat more.
Today my eating has been on track, but dinner's going to be an issue. Dinner with be at a relative's house and they're fixing boxed mac & cheese and frozen chicken tenders. My stomach turns at the thought of eating this. I'm still trying to figure out what I should do for dinner while there.
Exercise for the past three days has been pretty much non-existant. I did my Slim In 6 dvd on Thursday, but skipped the end stretched and ab work. I hurt too much (my back/tailbone injury) the night before for me to even want to do those. I did fit in 60 minutes of cardio (broken up of course) on the exercise bike. I was dissapointed the next day to see that even with those, I didn't make my 2500 calorie burn for Thursday.
Friday was nothing. I admit it. I was lazy. Today has been the same. My calorie burn was at least 2300 for those two days without exercise. Not an excuse. Tomorrow I probably won't exercise either. Yes, motivation is lacking.
Monday I plan to start exercising again and putting my full effort into it. I'm still doing my best to stay on track with eating. I have not given up, just recalculating. I've been reading about the 17 Day Diet way of eating. Sounds realistic from everything I've seen so far. I'm wondering if I should get the book. I know I need long-term realistic eating goals. I also need ones where the family can all eat the same thing for dinner. That's my problem. I sent a message to an online friend that has lot a lot of weight and is very motivational. She gave me a few suggestions and I plan to use them. I'm so thankful for people like her that are willing to share what they know, and what works for them long term. It helps a lot.

No comments:
Post a Comment