Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Today's weight: 204.4 and yesterday's was 204.6. Scale finally budged. I mixed up my eating a bit and took in more calories per day and consumed more water. Lots of it. Seems to have helped. I haven't exercised at all this week. I'm drained and just not feeling the exercise even though I know it will most likely help my energy level. I just haven't been sleeping well lately and therefore I'm exhausted.

Yesterday I went in to the dentist and had an emergency root canal. I spent 3-1/2 hours in the dental chair and I still have to go back next week. I had a lot of pain last night. Not fun at all. On the upside, I'm doing better. I still have pain on that side, but it's functional now.

Also yesterday, my sister and I went to check out a local women's only gym that boasts about a lot of weight loss successes. The gym had some upsides, but for me some HUGE downsides with the biggest one being their onsite child-watch center. I counted 13 kids to one lady who really was in her own little world (or so it seemed to me). When we went back that way, there was a little girl (approximately 4 years old) crying in the bathroom down the hallway and the child-watch lady didn't even have an eye on her. There wasn't any formal checking in or out of the kids (from what I could see). So while this gym was really close and women only, the unusable child-watch center and a couple of other issues made me cringe at the place. So we went and checked out Bally's. Personally I would prefer the YMCA since I have my little one and also my 10 year old to take with me, but my sister was very against it because of the cost. So we joined Bally's and we shall see how this goes. Supposed to start next week. We meet with a personal trainer on Monday to get the feel for their equipment. I'll be honest and say that I'm not looking forward to it, but the appointment's made and so we shall go.

No comments: