Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Today I weigh 206.2. There is that "natural" fluxuation in weight I was talking about yesterday. I haven't lost anything, but am fluxuating. As long as it doesn't got up above 207, then I'll stay happy. I ate pretty well yesterday but I did have the munchies really bad at one point. I had a 100 calorie pack of chocolate covered pretzels and a chocolate rice cake to help with the munchies. Overall, not too bad of a choice since it only came out to 160 calories for those two things. I know I could have made better choices at the time though. I have fresh fruit and baby carrots I could have munched on instead. One day at a time, one change at a time.

On the upside, I'm not drinking as much soda as I used to. I've been known to compare my addiction to soda as a smoker's addiction to ciggarettes. I crave soda. One it hits, it doesn't go away. I can deny the craving for several days, but it's still there screaming at me that I need SODA! I don't crave it right now. I'm happy about that. Really happy. I do have some diet soda in the house for when and if a craving hits hard. I haven't had a soda since Sunday, and before that I can't recall when I had another. This is good. This is progress. Yay!

I'm starting my day off on the right track. I've had a sliced up apple, and I'm able to have a meal replacement shake. I'm not a breakfast person, so eating/consuming anything in the morning is better than nothing. I've used meal replacement shakes for breakfast off and on for years. It works for me. That's one thing that I've done over the years regardless of if I was trying to be healthier or not. I know this works for me.

I've also pulled my new exercise step out of the back room (where I plan to use it long term, but the room is in chaos right now making it impossible) and put it in the living room. I've done a few steps. Not a lot overall so far, but if I keep adding to it over the coarse of the day it will add up. On a side note, my little guy is loving playing on the step. He's driving his cars on it. He dances on top of it. He tries to step up with me. I'm just hoping he doesn't get distracted and fall off at some point. Lol.

Oh, and according to my bodybugg, I burned 2231 calories yesterday. This was being absolutely lazy and sitting on my duff most of the day. How sad that I was that lazy. I just wasn't motivated. I'm working on that. My daily burn "goal" according to when I set up my goals on the bodybugg site, is only 2300. I'm thinking I need to adjust this because my body is burning almost that being lazy. I used to have low burn days on my lazy days when I was using the bodybugg system before I was pregnant with my little man and they were around 1400. My body has changed and so has my metabolism. I'm going to adjust my daily burn goal to at least 2500 to keep me from getting so lazy.

No comments: