Sunday, January 30, 2011

Today's weight is 202.6. Yay! I'm making progress. Slowly but surely the scale is budging and moving down. I'm happy and it's upped my motivation to keep eating well.

Overall I eat really well during the day for breakfast, lunch and snack(s), but dinner's always been the "trouble" meal for me. My oldest is 10 and is kind of picky, and so is DH. But they've learned that they can put in requests for dinner, and if they don't put in any requests before I go grocery shopping, then it's all up to me as to what we eat since I'm going to be the one cooking it. I'm kind of stuck in a rut as to what to fix for dinner, so I ordered three cookbooks off of amazon.com on Saturday. Two healthy "diet" cookbooks and one low calorie snack book. BUT I had to go grocery shopping before they can come next week, so when I ran a couple of errands yesterday I looked at some cookbooks in the store and found one that I could pick our dinners out of so that I could go grocery shopping.

I went through and marked all of the dinners in the book that appealed to me and from there I selected 10 of them for the next 14 days. I wrote out my grocery list around 10:30pm last night (because it's the only time my LO was sleeping and therefore letting me get it done), and was ready to go shopping first thing this morning. I picked up just about everything on my list, with only a few items to be picked up at Walmart at another time (probably this evening). So I have my meals printed out and we shall eat them. I only picked out 10 recipes to try because we will have a pizza night (bad, I know) and 2-3 leftover nights. I hate throwing away leftovers. Wish me luck on the coming two weeks, especially since we're (my sister and I) starting at the gym tomorrow night.

No comments: