I'm tired. That's good. Hopefully I actually sleep tonight, unlike last night. I'm doing ok though. My day was pretty busy but also mundane at the same time.
I started of the day by going to the dentist and having a permanent crown put on following a root canal I had at the beginning of the month. That took about two hour from the time I left home until I was back at home. After that the hubs and I took the kids (our little guy and niece) and went off to buy a new dishwasher. Ours has been slowly dying and we finally said that enough is enough. Took us (read me) all of 20 minutes to pick out a new dishwasher and have it paid for. We ended up with a pretty decent deal on the dishwasher we bought because it was on sale for about $120 off the normal price (which would have made this dishwasher above the range we were willing to pay at this time...trust me, we would have LOVED one of the higher end dishwashers) and we also were given 12 months no interest (not that it will take 12 months to pay it off). We followed this with the hubs getting his hair cut and me buying a new (larger) Brita water pitcher. (Personally I prefer the PUR brand but unfortunately Brita filters cost less than PUR filters.)
After all of this when we got back home both little kids were asleep and I was VERY tired. The hubs put both of them down to continue napping in the house and I went off to bed to nap myself. I slept for about 2 hours and it felt great. I was absolutely exhausted. I'm thankful that I have a hubby that would take the kids and send me off to bed when I need it.
My eating for today has been okay overall, but ended with a high calorie dinner. I had my meal replacement shake around 4am. A large (double serving) of cereal with 1 cup fat-free milk around 7am. After the dental appointment I STILL felt like I was starving, so I had three apples for a snack. I didn't have lunch until after my nap, and for that I just had 1-1/2 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Dinner was bad. Lol. Dinner was a chinese buffet...and I didn't even try to eat healthy. I just enjoyed my dinner.
It was a splurge. The way I see it, splurges are okay and long at they are only every so often. You can't splurge every day and be okay. Shoot even Weight Watchers gives you not only your daily point allowance but also an additional weekly point allowance that you can use to splurge. An occasional splurge is okay because then you aren't depriving yourself and feeling like you're being punished. This is a way of life. You eat healthy most of the time, but you can indulge occasionally.
I didn't fit in any exercise today, but I'm okay with that. If it hadn't been such a busy day today and I had actually had a decent night's sleep last night, I might have had a chance. Oh well. Tomorrow's a new day and tomorrow I'm off to the gym again. I'll be at the gym on Tuesday's and Thursday's from here on out unless there are scheduling conflicts (school programs, hubby has to work that evening, etc.) that prohibit it. Last week was a bad week because we had a family dinner on Tuesday. And Thursday my daughter had a school performance that she was in. Right now Monday, Wednesday and Friday are off-limits for going to the gym because the little guy won't go in the child watch. He gets really upset. Eventually he'll be okay with it again, but until then I have to work around him. So that leaves me with Tuesday evening, Thursday evening, Saturday (morning or afternoon depending on when the hubs has to work and what's going on that weekend), and Sunday (again, depending on what's goin on that weekend). I'm going to shoot for all four days for now, if I can. Wish me luck...no, give me the willpower and motivation to go.

2 comments:
I'm glad you got a nap today!! Hopefully the rest of the week will be better for you! :)
Thanks! So far it's getting a bit better. I slept last night and I slept great too. Lol. headed off to la la land now actually.
Post a Comment