So I've had to sit back and reevaluate my game plan for my health and weight loss journey. I've been doing a lot of thinking and researching as to what I should do from this point forward because I'm at a point where I'm floundering. I've been planning my exercise to be all gung-ho and that's obviously not working for me for several reasons. First and foremost being that I hurt too much to do that amount of exercise. Second reason being that I don't always have the time to fit in the exercise I need to at home during the day. And third reason being that we have an extended stay visitor that makes me uncomfortable to exercise in front of. Nothing against our house guest, just not comfortable working out in front of him to do a dvd.
So here's my new exercise game plan. Most weeks (through the beginning of May) my sister and I are still going to be meeting with our trainer twice a week on Tuesdays and Thursdays. The plan for those days is to get my hour of exercising in with the trainer, and to also get in 30 minutes of cardio on the elliptical at the gym. On days where I don't go to the gym, I'm going to shoot for 30 minutes of cardio at home. I'm going to try to do an exercise dvd twice a week, but that's only if I have time. I'm not going to beat myself up if I don't fit in the exercise dvds though.
My eating is still going ok but could be improved on and I'm going to work on that also. I've gotten away from planning my dinners in advance, and we've just been "winging it" and that's not working for me. So I'm going to sit down and plan out my grocery menues for the next two weeks and shop accordingly. I plan to sit down and right out the menue for the next two weeks either tonight or tomorrow night so that I can go shopping Friday morning.
I still have my Nutrisystem foods, and have been eating them for breakfast daily this week. I have stopped eating the dinners and lunches because I just couldn't stomach them and my taste buds have been off so I didn't want to waste them. I'm going to start eating them soon, once things seem to taste more normal to me. I have been trying some frozen meals for lunch and have found some that I actually like. While I do know that eating all of these meal replacement items aren't great for me, I also recognize that not eating is worse. I still have a hard time coming up with quick and easy foods that I can eat for breakfast and lunch so by eating the meal replacment items, it keeps me from forgetting to eat. I will probably buy another month's worth of Nutrisystem and follow the plan a bit more closely (at least up until dinner time) and see how I do.
My weight has stalled and is fluctuating around 196-199 lbs. daily. As long as I stay under 200 lbs. and don't actually gain any weight back, then I'll be happy. I can live with my weight plateauing as long as I'm not actually gaining weight back.
I did finally get my "under 200" reward of cutting my hair done this past weekend. I went on Saturday night and had about 6 inches of length cut off. Yup, I chopped off a LOT of hair and I feel so much fresher now. I did have to go back on Sunday morning and have it fixed. I have issues with getting my hair cut and one side ending up longer than the other once it dries. And that's what happened this time. My hair started to dry and the right side was about an inch longer than the left. I would have gone back Saturday night, but they were closed. So I went on Sunday morning and had it fixed and now it looks great, and I had a total of about 7 inches cut off.
I've felt some effect from the cortisone shot I recieved on Monday, but I've had more aching in my hips the past two days. I've read that you can have some pain in the surrounding areas for the first few days after getting a cortisone injection, so I'm hoping that's what it is. I started my 16 days of the prednisone yesterday also. Crossing my fingers for good results when this is all said and done. So far I haven't had any negative effects from the prednisone. I've (unfortunately) been informed that taking prednisone can cause weight gain and also the munchies. Oh joy. Lol. So far so good, but I've only been on it a day and a half. I take 40mg for the first four days and then it tapers down 10mg every four days.

2 comments:
How long will your visitor be around? I feel the same way as you do. I would be uncomfortable too! I think your game plan sounds great. As long as you're getting activity, I think that's all that matters. And like you said, if you can get a couple DVD's in during the week, great. If not, no big deal.
I totally feel you about winging it for dinners! I've been doing the same thing and it really isn't helping me any. Kevin and I need to sit down and plan also. I think I may go grocery shopping tomorrow.
For lunches, I made myself some chicken salad. It's quick and easy. I bought a rotisserie chicken, shredded it, added some light mayo, a little mustard and relish and stuck it in little individual sized bowls and froze them. I just pull one out the night before, put it on a whole wheat tortilla with some lettuce and that's lunch. I love it!! I'm sure it can be changed up to add variety. A friend of mine puts grapes in hers.
Take pictures! I want to see your haircut!
DW's going to be around for another 2-3 weeks. Love him, but he drives me crazy at the same time. He sits around eating JUNK all day too.
Still not getting in the activity as I'd like, but dealing with fatigue and achiness right now.
At least Kevin will input for dinner. Anytime I ask the hubs for input, he has no suggestions of anything he wants (or wouldn't want to see) on the menu. So no help there.
The chicken salad idea is a good one. I'll have to try it. My fall back is tuna sandwiches. I keep pouches of tuna on hand and can make a sandwich or wrap if I'm short on meals. Problem is that the two little ones don't alway give me time to fix anything. They can be a handle and a half when they're combined.
Post a Comment